Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ethan came home!!!

I am sorry I have not been on to update lately. I thought one infant was hard...ugh! Ethan came home on Friday June 5. One day after the twins' due date! He is doing amazing although we are super nervous that something will happen at home with his heart. We went from maybe he needs surgery before coming home a couple weeks ago to him being very stable and getting to come home, so you can imagine our raw nerves. It turns out the culprit for his low stats and apnea was ....REFLUX! Some of you remember all that we went through with Abby's acid reflux issues. If I had known that it could actually cause her to stop breathing, I would have freaked out!

So, Ethan came home on an apnea monitor as well for which we are very grateful. We had a great talk with the cardiologist before he came home and we are feeling a little more comfortable. We will always have to be more aware of his cues health wise, it's just part of having a kid with cardiac issues. But as of now, things are stable. The plan is to be followed every couple weeks as an outpatient with the cardiologist and he is thinking surgery will take place at 6 to 9 months of age. So sometime this fall he will have a catheterization to get a detailed picture of his heart and what needs to be repaired. Then, based on that information, they will come up with a surgical plan. It could be one big surgery or a couple procedures and one "complete repair."

I will update more about how they are growing and Abby soon. I will also post pictures of the family as we finally have them all downloaded. But right now, I have to go and feed the munchkins. We are so blessed to finally all be under one roof and we are just trying to get used to being a family of FIVE!! Thank goodness my parents have been here to to help. We are outnumbered!

Love, Heather

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather...I am sooo happy to hear that Ethan came home!!!! It must feel great to have all your little one under the same roof. I will continue to pray for you and your family aas you navigate through this new season of your lives. I get all choked up when I think about how God has blessed you and your family. May the Lord continue to pour out his blessings upon you and yours!!!
    Luv U, Stacy Morris

    ReplyDelete