Monday, October 26, 2009

Ethan Got His Ticket Out of the ICU!

Well, barring any complications Ethan will be moved out of the CVICU and back to the regular cardiac floor again. This is great news because he is recovering well but we have really gotten to love our caregivers here in the ICU and bonded with many parents here. So its a bit bitter sweet because its kind of lonely down there on the 15th floor. The nurses have too many patients there and you kind of get stuck in your room because you are the main caregiver 24 hours a day. He is hooked up to all the monitors still so you can't walk around with him yet and you can hardly leave him alone for a couple minutes to go and grab lunch or dinner. I think it just occurred to me why I feel so trapped and claustrophobic there. I think I might be a little paranoid about getting stuck in hospital rooms after my 9 weeks stay this spring!

Anyway, enough whining from me ... Ethan is doing well!! Praise God! We are going to move this evening so once we get settled in, I will update more. The neurosurgeon is out of town this week so we really won't be able to plan too much for the cranial surgery this week. Plus I don't think the cardiologists are too keen on him going in for a third massive operation in 3 weeks. So I know it won't be this week but if everything continues down this path, it really could be next week. As a mother, I wish they would wait forever but I know its not an option.

Thank you so much for all you prayers and support. I haven't had much chance to speak with even my closest friends and family too much but I feel your love, encouragements and prayers and please know that we love you so much. And I hear each day about people praying for us that don't even know us and it is such a ministry to our family. You are so appreciated and you have blessed our family immensly with your prayers.

Love, h

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear good news! I enjoy reading your updates and I cannot imagine all you are going through and the support/help you must need. I feel a special bond with other twin moms and their kids - I hope when mine are a little older I can offer more of a helping hand to others. Don't know if you know many people in similar situations - probably met quite a few during this ordeal, but I have a good friend who went through years of heart surgeries with her daughter who finally got her happy ending! If you'd like her contact info I'd be happy to get it for you. She's here in SL too. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete