Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Resting comfortably...

Ethan is out of the cath lab and doing very well. He actually tried to wake up out of sedation so they had to give him some more "juice" to make him sleep. They want to keep him sedated because they don't want to have to reintubate him in the morning and they already prepped him for surgery with all the necessary IV's and such. So for now, he will just rest in margaritaville! As I look at him I am amazed at how much he has grown. The last time I saw him all "tubed" up like this he was in the NICU and just a wee one! He looks like a little boy now!

I know, you're thinking yeah, yeah, get on with it. How did the cath go? Well, it went as expected for the most part. They only closed off one of the collaterals and found the other to be so small that if they tried to block it, they risked loosing the coil they put in to close it. The third, the surgeon will close, as I mentioned earlier. So, barring anything unusual, we are go for tomorrow's surgery. It will be about a 6 hour procedure starting at about 7:30am so I will have some time to update during it.

Please pray for the anesthesiologists and the surgeon, Dr. Fraser. They do this stuff all the time and are the best in this part of the country at what they do. But God is in control and we pray for His guidance for them. Pray for "Eef the Beef" as he is known in the Harmon household. This is alot for a little 13.2 lb. man. Although I have seen some teeny ones here in the CVICU helping me remember what a little fighter he has been. Pray for Lauren and Abby as they seem to have some sniffles and Lauren with a bit of fever. I hope we got Ethan out of the germs before he caught anything and please pray we don't get anything or we can't go see him. And finally, pray for Bill and I. We have not had much sleep lately making this all that much more emotional. Whew! That's a long list!

Thank you, friends and family, for your prayers and support. We can feel them!
-h

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you sweet friend :) I pray that you and your husband get some sleep tonight and Ethan does awesome tomorrow. I pray that God will direct the dr's hands and guide them gently. I pray the surgery is a success and Ethan will be healed from this point on!! I pray for your girl's and that they too will be healed from these colds/fever. May the God of peace and comfort pour down His love and peace upon you and that you will feel Him carrying you in the palm of His hand!!

    ReplyDelete